The ECOO General Assembly is a meeting of national delegations of the members of ECOO. The General Assembly is the highest decision making body of the association. It meets twice a year, in spring and in autumn.
The Executive Committee
The strategic leadership and decision-making body is the Executive committee, which is elected by the General Assembly and led by the President.
The Executive Committee is supported by two elected thematic Committees:
Public Affairs and Economic Committee
Economic and commercial matters as well as with specific legislative and non-legislative EU dossiers.
- Jesus Garcia Poyatos (Spain) – Chair
Kai Jaeger (Germany)
- Raúl Alberto Ribeiro Correia de Sousa (Portugal)
- Daniel Hodgson (Ireland)
- Daryl Newsome (UK)
- Zsolt Szabadi (Hungary)
- Elaine Grisdale (UK) – Secretary
Professional Services Committee
Development of the profession in terms of the scope of practice of optometry and optics in the member countries.
- Dr Sylwia Kropacz-Sobkowiak (Poland) – Chair
- Ignacio José Costa González (Spain)
- Stephan Hirschfeld (Germany)
- Clive Marchant (UK)
- Martin O’Brien (Ireland)
- Florbela Ribeiro Tiburcio (Portugal)
- Iwan Zanchetta (Switzerland)
- Pavel Šebek (Czech Republic) – Secretary
European Qualifications Board
With the activities of the ECOO Accreditation Agency the European Qualifications Board has been set-up and is responsible for the European Diploma in Optometry and the European Qualification in Optics including their performance, content and recognition.
- Professor Julie-Anne Little – Chair
- Dr Bente Monica Aakre*
- Fiona Anderson*
- Dr. Stephan Bandlitz
- Dr Roger Crelier*
- Ignacio José Costa González
- Dr Vincent Gautier
- Peter Gumpelmayer
- Dr José Manuel González Meijome *
- Dr Sigrid Müller-Schotte *
- Gustav Pöltner*
*Member of Expert Group
ECOO is governed by its statutes and Rules of Procedure:
- ECOO Statutes (PDF)
- ECOO Rules of Procedure (PDF)