© ECOO – All documents and its annexes relating and including the European Diploma in Optometry and the Qualification in Optics are copyright protected by ECOO and the copying of its content without permission is strictly prohibited.
What are the benefits of accreditation?
- All European Optometry/Optics programmes can be compared against an agreed international standard, the European Diploma in Optometry and the European Qualification in Optics.
- It allows for accreditation against the knowledge base, competencies and portfolio of the European Diploma in Optometry or Qualifications in Optics.
- Training Institutions will be encouraged to match their programmes to all or part of the competency-based European Diploma in Optometry or European Qualification in Optics – this will help to harmonise Optometry and Optics within Europe.
- It may help training institutions, in the course of their national academic accreditation, if they can demonstrate that all or part of their programme meets the European standard.
- National “competent authorities” will find it easier to evaluate the training of applicants from another EU country – this will help to facilitate free movement of professionals.
For any questions, please e-mail: email@example.com
Hear more about the accreditation and the European Diploma in Optometry from our accredited universities and students:
To view this video with French subtitles, please click here